JOB TITLE: Machinist DEPARTMENT: Manual
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Supervisor Manual
Perform various types of machining operations using various types of machining equipment to produce and repair material components.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and machining notes to determine; dimensions, tolerance, finish type, sequence of operations, setup, reference points, etc.
- Ability to operate various types of machining equipment; mills, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- Knowledgeable in various types of machining tools and their application.
- Ability to calculate speed and feed rates.
- Ability to use various types of intricate measuring tools including; indicators, micrometers, depth/height gauges, calipers, etc.
- Ability to produce a quality product (within design specifications) in an efficient manner.
- Ability to recognize throughout the machining process if part is defective of within design specifications.
- Ability to program, simulate and operate numerical control systems.
- Ability to use Cartesian coordinate systems to program x, y and z-axis’.
- Ability to layout materials to be machined according to design specifications.
- Ability to select, align and secure; fixtures, tooling, attachments, and materials on various types of machines.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to design specifications.
- Knowledge of typical hand tools associated with a machining environment including; feeler gauges, various types of wrenches, dead-blow hammers, punches, scribes, etc.
- Set-up and test production equipment under power evaluating any constraints.
- Ability to keep a clean, organized and safe work cell.
- Ability to keep an accurate record of daily operations and material usage.
- Ability to work shifts and overtime, if required.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED. A two year Associate Degree from a technical/trade school is preferred. At least five (5) years of previous heavy manufacturing machining experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the accountabilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is also regularly exposed to hot chips that are emitted throughout the machining process as well as various other operations ongoing throughout the plant. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-